Red Dog is a simple casino card game also known as Yablon, In Between or Ace Deuce . It is now becoming quite rare at land-based casinos but most online casino have the game so if you are a fan then playing online may be your only option. Red Dog is easy to play and has a house edge of around 3.2%.
- Between one and eight decks used
- All cards have their standard poker rankings and suits do not matter
- Two cards are dealt on the initial deal
- A third card is dealt if the two cards are the same or different
- If the two cards are the same the third card is dealt
- If the third card is equal to the first two wins are paid at 11 to 1
- If the third card is not the same the hand pushes
- If the first two cards are not equal the spread is announced
- The player may then double the bet
- If the third card value falls between the two cards the player wins
- If the third card value is above or below the first two card the bet loses
Red Dog Pay Offs
The following are standard pay offs for Red Dog games. They can vary from casino to casino so you should always make sure you are getting the best.
- Spread 1 : 5 to 1
- Spread 2 : 4 to 1
- Spread 3 : 2 to 1
- Spread 4 through 11 : 1 to 1
- Three Equal Cards : 11 to 1
There is no useful strategy you can't use on Red Dog as there is no player input when it comes to the cards being dealt. The only choice you have to make is whether to double your bet on the spreads. Statistically you should only double your bet on spreads of seven or higher which has a slight favor to the player.