Gambling should be a fun experience, it should never cause you distress. If you find that your gambling is causing unhappiness then it is possible that you have a gambling problem. Gambling addiction is a serious problem and can have very negative impacts on both the player and the players family and friends. If you feel that you have lost control of your gambling then this article should help.
One of the biggest support groups for problem gambling is Gamblers Anonymous. They have developed a 20 question test that indicates whether you may have a problem. Read the questions below if you answer yes to seven or more you should check out the recommended links below.
Gamblers Anonymous 20 Questions
- Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did gambling affect your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
- Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry, trouble, boredom or loneliness?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
Help for Problem Gamblers
Below is a list of resources if you need help with your gambling.
Problem Gambling and Online Casinos
All of the casinos we list here at Casino Checklist take problem gambling seriously. If you play online and find that your gambling is getting out of control then we urge you to get in touch with the casino. All of the casinos we list will when asked block your account from any play in the future.